The fun rain over the past couple of weeks has slowed our landscaping considerably…..That and the fact John the landscaper is a bit of a perfectionist and not a particularly fast worker. He has been great though and has done lots of little things for us. Here are some pictures of our landscaping. The only thing left is our side of the house fences, our chicken coop and chickens to come back and our dog to come back (she has had a very long holiday at our parents place) + building the shed and reassembling the trampoline.
Overall this cost us a little more than we like to think about but we love it. Here is where we got some of the stuff:
Trees and plants:
- Daleys Nursery: grumichama trees and red shahtoot mulberry
- Yalca Trees: Fuyu Persimmon and Pomegranate trees (all semi dwarf)
- Flower Power: Coral Bark Japanese Maple, Ballerina pink lady and Gala Apple trees, 1 Flowering Gum (dwarf/grafted), 2 x Native limes (CSIRO developed)
- Hargreaves Nursery: Variety of flowering natives and 2 flowering Gums (dwarf/ grafted varieties)
- Swanes Nursery: Lavenders
- Engalls Nursery: Cumquat Tree, Dwarf Washington Navel, Meyer Lemon Tree, Imperial Mandarin Tree, Valencia Orange Tree, dwarf nectarine tree
- Cabbage Tree Nursery: Flat Mat Jasmine groundcover
The turf is Nara native turf and is a little brown still as they had some serious frosts a couple of weeks ago before laying but this is extremely drought tolerant and is a native (if a little contrived by the CSIRO) so that makes us feel good. It is also cheaper than Sir Walter which is what we were going to lay so that is also a bonus!
We will probably just post one more time at the 3 month review and have all our photos uploaded then. Then it will be time to say goodbye and thanks for watching.
Here are some photos
Fruit trees in the foreground and a flowering gum in the distance in both photos
Flowering Gum, synthetic grass play area and veggie patches to be filled
Alfresco and stepping stones along the side of the house
Front of the House
The is a slim Japanese Maple if you can see it and a lockable box for the boys bikes from KETER